Frequently asked questions
• Can I edit or modify purchased and/or free downloaded music?
Yes, you are allowed to change the length or sound of the song so it fits your project.
You're not allowed to remix or reproduce our music into a new song or music prodution
• Can Sawsonic write original/customized music for my projects?
Can I ask for any customization of an existing audio item on the website?
• Can I remix or make new music from Sawsonic's catalog?
No, you can't remix or reproduce a new song with our music.
• Can I submit my own music?
Not for now, but maybe in the future.
Creative Commons License
• Can I use music licensed under the Creative Commons License for free?
You can use the music for purposes mentioned in the creative commens license in our chart for free.
Don't forget that you need to give credit to Sawsonic. Furthermore it is important that you respect the Creative Commons License
• How do I credit Sawsonic?
A proper way to credit us is:
"Music by: https://www.sawsonic.com"
• Can I monetize my videos or use music in social media promotions?
Yes on your own social media channels you can.
For online advertisement on other platforms (Google, Spotify, Youtube ads, online radiostation etc..) you will need an extended license.
• Do I need to ask Sawsonic permission to use their music?
No, as long as you credit us or buy the required license you don't need to ask for our permission.
• Do I need to credit Sawsonic when I have a commercial license?
No, it is up to you if you want to credit us.
• Can I use your music in multiple projects?
Yes, you can use our music as often as you want, but make sure you have the right license for your project.
Check the license chart for a complete overview.
• How can I pay?
You can pay us via Paypal and via Credit and Debit Cards (Paypal Pro)
• What do I do if I have a copyright claim on Facebook, Youtube or other channel?
Youtube and Facebook use software to recognize music in your video to see if you used copyright material. Our music is not registered in their databases so if you have a claim it is a (software) mistake or someone has registered, and thereby trying to steal our work.
Please take the next steps:
• Always contest the claim do not remove your project/video. If you get a warning, choose to upload your material anyway.
• If you can give an statement/explanation then write: "I have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder to use this material"
• In the comments you can put the direct link to the track you downloaded. You can also attach the README.pdf file you received when you downloaded the track.
• Please contact us and provide us with all the details about the company, person or label that registered the track.
This way we can figure out what went wrong and avoid any further copyright infringement.
• Is your music copyright free?
No, our music is not copyright free. Even after you downloaded or purchased our royalty free tracks we will always remain the owner of the copyright.
Couldn't find your question?
• Please send us an e-mail with your question!
We will answer your question as soon as possible and (if it is a good question) we will add it to our FAQ.